Our team members come from different backgrounds and places, and we value each person’s unique perspective. We are parents, marathon runners, musicians, poets, gamers, dog lovers, binge-watchers, and everything in between. We come from six different countries and from all over the United States (even Hawaii!). We love campfires on the beach, team outings to see the latest Star Wars movie, and inspirational women — we even named our conference rooms after our favorites.
We push ourselves to constantly innovate and improve, and we’re unafraid to try new things. Our agility and speed drive us to find new and progressive ways to do things, and we never back down from a challenge. We are a supportive and tight-knit team that celebrates our successes together.
We’re located in Redwood City, CA. We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, generous paid time off, work-from-home Wednesdays, and a world-class foosball league. Come join us!
Perks of working at Livingly Media:
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
Profit sharing (yes, we are profitable!)
Company-wide work from home day every Wednesday
Weekly catered lunches on Mondays
Mabel + Moxie, Senior Editor
Who You Are:
You’re an editor, writer, content manager, kid enthusiast, Pinterest-lover, and all-around creative person. You’ve worked in media for 4-6 years, with a portion of those years spent managing writers, and you are equally as comfortable writing a slideshow about baby names as you are brainstorming 25 ideas to assign to freelancers. You work well with others and are very familiar with the parenting vertical.
Who We Are:
We’re part of Silicon Valley-based Livingly Media. We publish six of the most popular sites in entertainment (Zimbio), celebrity fashion & beauty (StyleBistro), women’s lifestyle (Livingly), lifestyle for women 50+ (It’s Rosy), home design (Lonny), and motherhood (Mabel + Moxie). Mabel + Moxie launched in May 2018.
The Mabel + Moxie Senior Editor will be responsible for editorial aspects of the site, including:
• Managing and hiring freelancers
• Helping to define the voice and vision of a recently launched site
• Writing slideshows and articles about all facets of motherhood, children, and related topics
• Creating and maintaining an editorial calendar
• Being knowledgeable about the parenting space as to stay ahead of trends, news, and other relevant topics
• Communicating across teams, including marketing, audience development, engineering, and design, to create engaging content for readers
• 4-6 years of experience in digital publishing or related field. Experience in parenting and family media is strongly preferred.
• Strong writing and editing background with deep knowledge of parenting and children
• Work closely with the Director of Editorial Operations to set site goals and a path to exceed them
• Strong organizational skills, a great attitude, and a wealth of innovative ideas
• Ability to manage the daily/weekly/monthly freelance content flow of a website. Proactive thinking about ways to increase traffic, build brand, and give readers top-notch content they love
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to motivate a team of writers to create deeply engaging content for readers.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Editorial Operations.
If you’d like to apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work with “Mabel + Moxie Senior Editor” in the subject line, and answers to the following three questions in your cover letter.
1. Mabel + Moxie champions ‘perfectly imperfect’ parenting. What does that mean to you?
2. What are 3 slideshow ideas you would like to write on Mabel + Moxie and why?
3. What is your current favorite parenting website and what appeals to you about it?
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle design development testing and deployment.
- Meet with stakeholders and contribute toward product decisions and iron out requirements.
- Help build out new websites as we expand our content to new categories and audience.
- Architect engineering solutions based on product requirements.
- Integrate new tech with current stack and improve development process.
- Help architect and develop the next generation of our platform which will leverage technologies like React.js, Redux, Webpack,
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Exposure to Django in either a professional or personal setting.
- MySQL, Redis, Celery, CSS, Django REST Framework, Backbone.js, Google BigQuery experience are plusses.
- Familiarity with unix and command line.
- Experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
- Flexibility working with small teams.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
Senior UX Designer – San Francisco Bay Area
Livingly Media is seeking a senior user experience designer responsible for conducting user research and translating insights into sitemaps, wireframes, dynamic mockups, and interactive prototypes. Using solid data, informed through testing, and in collaboration with product, analytics, engineering, and editorial teams, you will design the overall functionality of our product and iterate upon it to ensure an amazing user experience.
- Define, direct, and execute all aspects of user experience design for Livingly Media.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design leads integrated across the Livingly Media business.
- Produce wireframes, mockups, and visual elements for new products and experiences across both desktop and mobile.
- Implement and execute UI/UX experiments.
- Conduct research on both interaction design trends as well as user-centric UX research.
- Work as an integral member of the product development team.
- 5 years UX and visual design experience with complex web applications, across both desktop and mobile, including significant experience working closely with front-end engineers. Experience conducting user research is also essential.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, and expertise with tools like Zeplin, Craft/InVision, Framer, Flinto/Principle, or Sketch is highly preferable.
- Understanding of software development and project management practices.
- HTML and CSS proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills and a highly collaborative working style.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio to accompany your resume.
- Web development experience in a personal or professional context is a big plus.
- Experience presenting to executive stakeholders.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.