Our team members come from different backgrounds and places, and we value each person’s unique perspective. We are parents, marathon runners, musicians, poets, gamers, dog lovers, binge-watchers, and everything in between. We come from six different countries and from all over the United States (even Hawaii!). We love campfires on the beach, team outings to see the latest Star Wars movie, and inspirational women — we even named our conference rooms after our favorites.
We push ourselves to constantly innovate and improve, and we’re unafraid to try new things. Our agility and speed drive us to find new and progressive ways to do things, and we never back down from a challenge. We are a supportive and tight-knit team that celebrates our successes together.
We’re located in Redwood City, CA. We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, generous paid time off, work-from-home Wednesdays, and a world-class foosball league. Come join us!
Perks of working at Livingly Media:
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
Profit sharing (yes, we are profitable!)
Company-wide work from home day every Wednesday
Weekly catered lunches on Mondays
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle design development testing and deployment.
- Meet with stakeholders and contribute toward product decisions and iron out requirements.
- Help build out new websites as we expand our content to new categories and audience.
- Architect engineering solutions based on product requirements.
- Integrate new tech with current stack and improve development process.
- Help architect and develop the next generation of our platform which will leverage technologies like React.js, Redux, Webpack,
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Exposure to Django in either a professional or personal setting.
- MySQL, Redis, Celery, CSS, Django REST Framework, Backbone.js, Google BigQuery experience are plusses.
- Familiarity with unix and command line.
- Experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
- Flexibility working with small teams.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior UX Designer – San Francisco Bay Area
Livingly Media is seeking a senior user experience designer responsible for conducting user research and translating insights into sitemaps, wireframes, dynamic mockups, and interactive prototypes. Using solid data, informed through testing, and in collaboration with product, analytics, engineering, and editorial teams, you will design the overall functionality of our product and iterate upon it to ensure an amazing user experience.
- Define, direct, and execute all aspects of user experience design for Livingly Media.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design leads integrated across the Livingly Media business.
- Produce wireframes, mockups, and visual elements for new products and experiences across both desktop and mobile.
- Implement and execute UI/UX experiments.
- Conduct research on both interaction design trends as well as user-centric UX research.
- Work as an integral member of the product development team.
- 5 years UX and visual design experience with complex web applications, across both desktop and mobile, including significant experience working closely with front-end engineers. Experience conducting user research is also essential.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, and expertise with tools like Zeplin, Craft/InVision, Framer, Flinto/Principle, or Sketch is highly preferable.
- Understanding of software development and project management practices.
- HTML and CSS proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills and a highly collaborative working style.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio to accompany your resume.
- Web development experience in a personal or professional context is a big plus.
- Experience presenting to executive stakeholders.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
Engagement Editor, Audience Development - San Francisco Bay Area
The Engagement Editor will partner with site leads to manage and execute initiatives that put our content in front of new and existing readers. They will be responsible for executing a distribution strategy that extends the reach and amplification of our content across social, partnerships, SEO email and more. Using data analysis, research, and insights, they will support the content and editorial strategy for our brands.
The ideal candidate will have experience growing and managing social channels, supporting a content distribution strategy, and engaging with audiences directly. We are looking for someone who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, execute, and optimize growth and engagement tactics tailored to each of our distribution platforms. This person should be analytical and quantitative, while also creative and up to date on what’s trending. They will be joining a newly formed Audience Development Team that reports into the Director of Marketing and Audience Development.
- Execute the day-to-day in social media accounts and owned distribution channels across assigned brands, including writing social copy, drafting headlines, editing images, and creating original content based on pop culture, breaking news, memes, and trends
- Learn and maintain the voice and style of writing for each brand in order to remain on-brand in style and tone across distribution channels.
- Identify content from our archives that can be updated and distributed to a wider audience.
- Research and analyze competitor brands and industry trends to help keep Livingly Media’s engagement strategies ahead of the curve.
- Develop social media and distribution best practices.
- Collaborate with brand stakeholders to develop and execute a content distribution calendar that is based on performance data, trends, and competitive analysis.
- Analyze and report on KPIs by leveraging 3rd party and home-grown tools.
- Execute on new growth opportunities while testing and iterating on channel mix, headline and image optimization, on-site activations, and content discovery strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with our editorial teams, marketing, and revenue groups to maximize monetization and reach.
- Contribute to the development of new tools that streamline processes and amplify efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience with a major website, digital advertising agency, or online marketing/advertising/publishing company.
- Passion for and experience creating social content with strong writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape .
- Strong analytical skills and experience using and leveraging data from Facebook Analytics, CrowdTangle and/or Google Analytics.
- Experience using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or TailWind.
- Understanding of the competitive women’s lifestyle publishing space a plus.
- Familiarity and passion for the Livingly Media brands a plus
Marketing Associate - San Francisco Bay Area
The Marketing Associate will develop and execute campaigns to help drive and grow traffic, new users and revenue.
You will build and hone strong analytical and creative skills to create high quality campaigns across marketing channels, such as paid social, search and native.
- Support the paid marketing team with campaign launches, keyword creation, and interest targeting development.
- Measure and report on the performance of paid marketing campaigns across channels.
- Assist with the management of paid social campaigns on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Learn how to leverage our internal marketing tools to scale channel best practices.
- Research and analyze competitor brands, industry trends and new content topics.
- Provide insight into creative performance and optimization.
- Stay up to date on pop culture and trending topics in the entertainment, fashion, celebrity and home design spaces.
- You have a BA/BS degree in business or a marketing related field.
- 1-2 years of experience with a major website, digital advertising agency, or online marketing/advertising/publishing company.
- An interest in learning paid marketing and spending time in partner tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, AdWords and more.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven mindset.
- Highly motivated, flexible self-starter who can juggle multiple projects at once and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Detail-oriented and enthusiastic about the content we're marketing.
- Passion for and experience with lifestyle and pop culture content