We’re a fast-moving, well-funded internet publisher that is pushing boundaries in the way content creation and technology converge. Yet our business is simple: We blend original, in-house, licensed and freelanced content with the highest quality photography on the market to deliver an overall informative and entertaining experience. And we do so on a massive scale, with four consumer sites: Livingly, our newly launched flagship lifestyle destination, Zimbio, a Top 10 Entertainment News site, Lonny, a Top 20 Home Design site, and a Top 10 Fashion and Beauty site, StyleBistro.
Our offices are casual places where good ideas and strong opinions are pretty much mandatory. We encourage everyone to brainstorm and share any and all new ideas with each other. There are no cultural walls: the engineering team collaborates with the marketing team who collaborates with the editorial team and so on. And we’re all obsessively tuned-in to pop culture and fashion. We’re located in San Carlos, CA and New York City. We offer competitive base salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, generous paid time off, and a world-class foosball league.
- Operations Analyst – San Francisco Bay Area
- Accounting Manager – San Francisco Bay Area
- Associate Editor, Lonny – New York City
- Interactive Designer, Creative Services – San Francisco Bay Area
About the Position:
Livingly Media is looking for an Operations Analyst to join our business team. The Analyst will be responsible for setting up, managing, analyzing and optimizing our online ad campaigns, and therefore has a direct impact on the company’s bottom-line. Our ideal candidate is inquisitive, gets excited to find the needle in the haystack and takes pride in operational excellence.
- Perform all aspects of ad serving, including implementation, testing, delivery, and optimization
- Create and analyze campaign pacing reports, adjusting delivery to ensure even and complete fulfillment
- Develop campaign and partner optimization strategies to maximize both yield and advertiser performance
- Execute and distribute daily revenue reports, communicating trends, changes and problems to Management
- Assist with traffic and inventory analytics to support Management and the Sales team with forecasts and proposals
- Undergrad degree in Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- 1+ year experience working in an analytical role (e.g., ad operations, business intelligence, analytics, etc.)
- Experience building queries in reporting and analytics tools such as DFP, Google Analytics, DART, etc.
- Extremely detail-oriented and dependable
- Strong analytics, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude, and a genuine interest in working in a start-up environment and wearing multiple hats as needed
Got what it takes? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
About the Position:
Livingly Media seeks an experienced Accounting Manager to help transform our small team into a world-class finance function. We are a startup-minded, independently-operated subsidiary of Paris-based aufeminin, a publicly-listed global women’s lifestyle publisher.
We’re looking for a strategic-thinking leader who can help us design and build the infrastructure required by our parent company…but remain hands-on enough to execute daily and monthly accounting tasks. You’ll have the opportunity to help transition the books from U.S. GAAP to IFRS, lead the company through its first-ever external audit, and implement many first-time accounting policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate is energetic, motivated and adaptable; will be equally comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently, can handle multiple projects at once, and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve. The Accounting Manager will report to the VP of Finance. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement scalable accounting and reporting procedures
- Responsible for all accounting operations and management reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis, investigating and understanding revenue and expense trends
- Execute the month-end close process, including recording journal entries, assisting with budget-to-actual variance analysis, and compiling monthly reporting packages for management
- Serve as a point person for many external relationships, including banks, vendors and service providers.
- Support the year-end audit, preparation of tax returns and other external reporting requirements
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting and CPA
- Public accounting and in-house experience, exposure to IFRS preferred
- 5+ years accounting experience, ideally in an online or media environment
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on exposure to accounting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of functional areas in the U.S. and internationally
Local applicants only. Apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Editor, LONNY
Do you know how to make copy sing on a tight deadline? Are you always the one carrying a camera? Is your blog or Instagram feed the envy of your friends and colleagues? If so, Lonny wants you. We’re looking for a talented, proactive, resourceful multimedia journalist to join the staff of our interiors-focused website and digital magazine as Associate Editor. Responsibilities include writing and editing lifestyle stories on design, entertaining, and travel; managing social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and interpreting analytics; and building articles and slideshows with as much attention to design as to the written word.
We’re a small, close-knit team, so a positive, can-do attitude is a must (no divas, please!). This is a full-time position reporting to the Deputy Editor. Photography and/or video editing skills are a plus.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to email@example.com with “Associate Editor/Lonny” in the subject line, and include answers to the following three questions in your cover letter.
1. How would you describe your personal interior design aesthetic?
2. What are three interior design sites you think are currently doing the most interesting things on the web and why?
3. Please send a link to a photo you consider to represent truly great design.
Interactive Designer, Creative Services – San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for an Interactive Designer with experience creating and producing high-impact interactive advertising to join our Creative Services team.
- Work closely with Director of Design and Director of Marketing Solutions to produce artwork for all campaigns we produce in-house
- Create animated/interactive ads using the Flite Studio authoring environment (www.flite.com)
- Coordinate post-sale ad production with NYC-based sales team
- Deliver all necessary assets for all campaigns to Ad Ops and ensure ad units display as specified when campaigns run
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate 1 to 2 years of professional experience
- Be passionate about designing for digital media, interactive advertising and finding ways to connect readers with top brands in new and unique ways
- Intuitively understand the opportunities and limitations of the medium, particularly as they apply to balancing the needs of an advertiser, a publisher and the intended audience
- Be a design thinker that can provide meaningful recommendations when necessary
- Be a fast learner with special aptitude for picking up the nuances of new technologies and successfully applying them to current and future projects
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize direction from multiple stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, design) into beautiful creative that serves business and campaign goals
- Demonstrate a track record of producing high-impact interactive advertising campaigns for a wide variety of premium brands (e.g. Macy’s, Coach, Target, Nestle, L’Oreal, etc.)
- Have a keen eye for aesthetics and typography on multiple platforms (desktop, mobile)
- Thrive under a high-pressure, sales-driven start-up environment
- Be extremely well organized and capable of setting up an efficient ad production workflow
- Possess expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Flash, HTML5 and the contrast between the two
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in an ad agency or similar environment is a huge plus
** Experience producing ads with Flite is a double huge plus
Rate commensurate with skill level and experience. If you think all of this fits you to a tee, please send your resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio and other past work to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Interactive Designer, Creative Services.
We have a ton of data (including literally millions of high quality professional images) and users which combine to give our engineers very interesting, high leverage problems to work on. About the position:
- Build and maintain core features for our network of websites.
- Ship your code quickly and get it in front of tens of millions of people.
- Contribute to all aspects of project lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-5+ years web development experience.
- Solid Python.
- Exposure to Django in either professional or personal setting.
- Plus: MySQL, JS, CSS, iOS experience.
- Plus: experience with start-ups and iterative project cycles, experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
About the position:
- Build and maintain core user interfaces for our entire network of websites.
- Mentor other engineers in front end technologies.
- Lots of product development with a heavy concentration on producing fast, scalable, and reliable code.
- 5-7 years experience as a full-time programmer.
- Passionate about client side performance.
- Experience with Backbone.js and jQuery.
- Experience with server side technologies. In particular, Python and Django.
- Plus: experience with start-ups, iterative project cycles, and experience working on large-scale projects with millions of users or databases with large amounts of content.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.